Volunteering and the Volunteer Bond
WWPSA is volunteer run and depends on you to run its programs and maintain fields. To encourage volunteering, WWPSA charges one $100 volunteer bond per family per seasonal year (July 1 through June 30). The $100 Volunteer Bond is automatically charged when you register the first youth player in a family for the seasonal year. The bond is refunded to the credit card used to pay for the Volunteer bond after the family fulfills a volunteer shift.
Volunteer opportunities are announced and filled on a first-come, first-serve basis. You sign-up, show up, and do the work.
If the volunteer event is cancelled, you need to sign up for a different volunteer opportunity.
You forfeit your $100 Volunteer Bond for 2023/2024 if (1) you do not volunteer obligation by the end of June 2024 or (2) you sign up for a volunteer event and do not show.
Examples of volunteer needs are:
- Board Members - to run WWPSA
- League Managers - to manage age specific leagues, form teams, etc.
- Coaches/Managers - to manage and run teams, games and practices
- Equipment - to help manage, maintain and distribute equipment to coaches
- Uniform - to help manage and distribute uniforms to players
- Picture Day - to help run picture day
- Trophy - to help manage and distribute trophies
- Administration - to help administer programs
- Special Events - to help run special events such as Sunburst, Goalfest and clinics
- Traffic - to help direct traffic
- Facilities - to help manage, set up, monitor, and maintain fields
Click here to View Currently Available Volunteer Opportunities
If the page is blank there are currently no open volunteer opportunities. To sign up for an event click on the Sign Up button. Anyone (either parent, a sibling, etc.) can do the work but you will only be able to sign up for the event using the name of the parent who paid the volunteer bond. When you sign in for the event just sign next to the name of the parent whose name is listed on the sign-in sheet.
Presidential Service Awards
WWPSA is proud to announce it has been accepted as a qualifying volunteer service organization for the Presidential Service Awards.
You can earn a Volunteer Service Award by going to http://www.presidentialserviceawards.gov/volunteer and creating an account. After creating your account, click on your name at the top of the page to go to your page and then click on My Profile button on the left side, scroll down and click Add next to the Record of Service Key heading and enter the service key LLZ-63771 then click save to be associated with WWPSA, you can also associate yourself with other qualified organizations.